Goal: Generating media buzz and sales leads on a tight budget.
Stephenson Group’s mission was to generate media/analyst coverage to support the ICaughtYou.com (ICY) launch, increase sales leads, and shorten the sales cycle, all on a very tight budget.
With a joint mandate to focus priorities for maximum efficiency and ROI while to acting quickly to capitalize on news interest in employee internet monitoring systems arising from terrorist activities and economic conditions, Stephenson Group (SG) designed a customized PR launch of tightly targeted outreach to established media contacts.
Within the first 75 days of the PR campaign, SG conducted 40 interview sessions with print, online, and broadcast media that resulted in 35 published/broadcast features. In addition, analyst briefings resulted in all analysts agreeing to serve as a referenceable resource for media on ICY’s behalf.
Direct results of the PR efforts included numerous product trials with Fortune 500 companies, more than 200 customer inquiries, signed contracts, and increased web site traffic.
Specific results included:
- Three top tier media interviews: Business Week, Business 2.0, and CIO
- 18 trade and technology interviews, including: ZDNet, EWeek, CNet, Workforce, ComputerWorld, Information Security, Line 56, and InternetWeek
- Two consumer dailies “hits”
- Four television feature segments dedicated to ICY
- 13 major market radio feature segments
- Three targeted analyst briefings